This blog details my story leading to a penile implant (IPP). Anyone that has questions or concerns feel free to contact me.
My story I call "One Mans Journey" is in the January archive.






If you would like to tell your story email it to me and I will be glad to post it.







Jack



Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lee's Story

This is a message I received from Lee. He has quesions and concerns.

One thing he says about the differances in the Coloplast and the AMS LGX us regular size guys need to read it how the two feel different. For us men less than 7" this is from a man that has had both.

Jack

Good Morning Lee



After reading your message I had some concerns and sent a copy to Todd Doran at Vanderbilt for his opinion.



Let me go through your message and address my concerns and when I hear from Todd I will let you know what he says.

--- On Sat, 7/14/12, Leland Spring <> wrote:



From: Leland Spring <>
Subject: Penile Excercises
To: jwp104@att.net
Date: Saturday, July 14, 2012, 4:45 PM


Jack

I have very much enjoyed your posts in the blog. I e-mailed you a couple of weeks ago, I have had 4 implants done and am now recovering from # 4, surgery was on July 11, My uro has told me to start pumping. He said to pump it once a day for 15 minutes each day.
4 days seems real early to start inflating the implant to me.
He is not big on the AMS 700 implant, I don't know why he's not much of a talker.
He is probably old school and stuck on the old ways.
I had him install an AMS 700 LG .
Good for you!
Do you mind sharing who the doctor was and where he is at?
That is what I had the first time I had one and it was good for me, then I had a coloplast titan put in, two of them. Since my penis is less than 7 inches long it felt very stiff , not comfortable for my wife.
Thanks for letting me quote you. Todd and Dr. Milam have told me this but you are the first patient that has told me.
I would like to know if you could give me some more info, be more specific about the pumping you did when you first started pumping after surgery. My main concern is that I gather as much info as possible for the first three months post op so I do not miss any steps and insure my best chances for great success with this implant.
Was there any certain routine you followed as far as pumping was concerned?? Time, length of keeping implant fully pumped and how many times a day?? Did you do any special therapeutic exercises?
I am going to give you the entire routine at the end of this post, I am also attaching the AMS Double Handed Method of Inflation. The pump is very stiff until it is broken in. The key to starting the pump is to grasp the pump firmly and squeeze hard and quickly release this will activate the pump. I am also attaching a user's guide. Any questions let me know.
Any response that would help me be successful would be appreciated. If you would like to share this post feel free to do so.

Regards
Thank You
Lee

This is the inflation routine I used and was recommended by Dr. Milam and the staff at Vanderbilt.
You may only want to do this once a day for the first 6 weeks. After that do it twice a day. A hot shower or bath can also be helpful while doing the inflation.



Twice a day, every day for the first 18 months, inflate the implant for 15 minutes and hold it. Then every 3-4 minutes squeeze the pump a few times to help the ipp inflate to it's max. When you deflate the implant hold down the deflation button for about 6 seconds and then squeeze your penis from the head to the base a few times to get the fluid back to the reservoir. This will do a couple of things, give you a more natural flaccid look and make the implant easier to inflate the next time.



You should have been told to keep your penis up on your stomach for the first 6 weeks. This will help you heal straight and be less painful. I found that the Jockey Pouch Briefs did a great job helping. They have a special H cut that will help hold you up. I got mine at Macy's and Kohl's. I like them so well I still ware them and get them online at jockey.com They offer about the same support as a jock strap without the discomfort.



My concern for you,at this early stage, is pain and discomfort. If it is painful or very uncomfortable take 800mg of ibuprofen about 30 minutes before you inflate.



It takes the LGX up to 18 months to fully expand in length. (The last time I say Dr. Milam,last August, he said he is now seeing men with expansion up to 3 years.) You may not be happy with your size at first but do not despair. At 3 months post op you will see expansion, for me it was 1/2". Since my implant 10/08 I have gained back almost an inch and a half.



Anything else I can help with let me know.



Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment