This blog details my story leading to a penile implant (IPP). Anyone that has questions or concerns feel free to contact me.
My story I call "One Mans Journey" is in the January archive.






If you would like to tell your story email it to me and I will be glad to post it.







Jack



Tuesday, February 15, 2011

AMS 700 LGX MCHANICAL RELIABILITY

There has been a lot of discussion about the mechinical reliability of the AMS 700 LGX on the forums. This is a copy of emails between Todd Doran and myself.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Jack P [jwp104@att.net]
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2011 5:47 PM
To: Doran, Todd James
Subject: IPP Life Span


Todd

Twice a day almost every day for the first 18 months I inflated my IPP and held it for at least 5 minutes. Today at 27 months post op I still inflate it almost daily.

There is some discussion that I am decreasing the life of my LGX. I believe Dr. Eid's site says a maximum of 3 times a week. Is that true? It works so well the way I do it.

Thanks for the advice, you have always been right on with me and I appreciate that.

Jack

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/15/11

Dr. Milam agreed with me citing same reference. Keep doing what you're doing. Good luck trying to wear the device out from a mechanical reliability standpoint.


Todd

Todd J. Doran, MS, PA-C
Associate in Urologic Surgery
Vanderbilt University
Dept of Urologic Surgery
A-1302 MCN
Nashville, TN 37232
615-322-2880

1 comment:

  1. I have a question about how the implant feels. I am using Caverject and like the feeling of pressure and fullness it causes in my penis. I am considering implant surgery and wonder if a similar feeling is created in the penis caused by the pressure of the fluid, rather than the pressure of the blood.

    ReplyDelete